Forgive the random title.
So, it's the summer and I've been home for about a week (it'll be a week on Sunday). I'm so sleepy. I'm volunteering at my uncle's physical therapy office that's been open for about a month and a half. He works in McAllen, a city that's about a 45-minute drive away from my home. What this all translates to is that I'm working for my uncle for free, waking up at 6:00 am and carpooling with my uncle - driving from Rio to McAllen, and sitting in this office all day long. The only part I really mind is waking up so early, my uncle says that I don't have to show up early, but if I don't come with him then I can't come. I don't have a car!!
Anyway, this is going to be a really busy summer! I need to do research for Dr. Griffin's lab, design my own experiment!! :D find someone to live with next year, an apartment, work out a lot, and plan my rapidly approaching 21st birthday party (I want it to be EPIC). FUCK! That sounds like so much...but I guess I've got something like...2 and 1/2 months? Yeah...I'll be OKAY! Man...I've been in the Valley for just a week...I don't think I've gotten the chance to be bored though. Constant texting, arguing with my family (over my sister buying a more economically responsible car and giving me her OTHER car that my parents bought for her during high school), and spending time with Raul and the gang.
Things won't be like this for much longer though. I'll find a real job to make money, hopefully something part-time so I can do research and sleep late, and work out. Jesus, I'm so sleepy. I also need to sign up for Spanish classes. I want to take those online...wow. I just keep on realizing how much I've got on my plate. I also need to prepare for the GRE. HAHAHA........-_-
On top of all of this, it seems foolish to want a relationship, but I do. I don't know why that's all I've ever wanted. Is that wrong? Is it weird? I don't know...I think it's a perfectly legitimate desire. It's just that coming back home - to the Valley, ALWAYS messes me up. I wish I were free in the summer. I wish I could have stayed in Austin. I just wanted the opportunity to spend a lot of time with someone from up there, get to know someone. But no...I have to stay here...where things stay platonic, where I can't flirt with the wrong guy because my friend's will bite my head off...even if they've done it to me. I don't care.
I feel like I've finally established the kinds of friendships I want with the people in my life. Everyone's in their place in relation to me, that sounds really ego-centric...but what other perspective can I adopt in this situation. Except for Larissa...she really needs to pay that deposit and stop ignoring me. I'm going to find another roommate without telling her...she's had like a month and a half to come up with..what? $320...and she HASN'T?! Fuck that....FUCK THAT! I'm really annoyed with her for keeping in the dark about it for SO long. It's kind of messed up. But I'll just take a breath and relax - she's not worth it.
I'm finished here. I've written enough for now. Not like anyone reads this. I DON'T have an audience. I'm just so hungry. I guess I'll eat something soon. BLAH! I think I lied earlier, things have been pretty mundane lately and it's obviously not for lack of things to do. It's just that my parents' brilliant idea to get me a job backfired. It would've been nice had everything worked out, you know, getting paid and being able to live in McAllen and my sister giving me her car...but that was never really even a possibility. I'll just have to keep on. I'll be good...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment